Now, Students Can Learn Plumbing At India’s Engineering & Architecture Institutes, AICTE Signed MOU With IPA

Now, Students Can Learn Plumbing At India’s Engineering & Architecture Institutes, AICTE Signed MOU With IPA

As per a press statement issued by The All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), now the architecture and engineering students in India can learn plumbing as a course in Institutes. AICTE has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Plumbing Association (IPA) in order to introduce a course on plumbing in Engineering and Architecture institutes of the country. The course will be introduced in the next academic year. Read SURFACES REPORTER (SR)'s complete report to know who can opt for this course and what it comprises:


Also Read: Why Good Plumbing Is Important And How To Choose The Right Plumbing Pipe For Your Home | SR Product Post

AICTE and IPA mutually released a statement in which they felt the need to introduce plumbing into the nation's engineering and architecture curriculum. The MoU was signed on April 14 in Goa by Gurmit Singh Arora, National President of the Indian Plumbing Association and Prof Anil Sahasrabudhe, Chairman of AICTE. A full minor degree course in Plumbing is also being proposed as part of the MoU.

Gurmit Singh Arora, national president of the IPA, said, " This is a tremendous opportunity for the whole plumbing sector stakeholders since Plumbing will become more organised and structured following this

"Plumbing is a science that is intimately linked to human health, hygiene, and the environment, as bad plumbing is the leading cause of structural damage to buildings, limiting their lifespan, and also the source of many waters and airborne infections. Hence, plumbing has a direct impact on human health," statement made by the IPA

Who Can Enroll In This Course and What it Comprises?

Engineering, Architecture and Interior Design programmes, and graduates with a Major Degree in Civil, Environmental, and Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, or Interior Designing can enroll in this course.

Also Read: Myntras new 3 lac sqft Bangalore office exudes fashion, technology and sustainability

The course will be a part of the proposed complete Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Course, which is also known as MEP and will comprise four credits . The name of the course will be Plumbing (Water and Sanitation). MEP refers to the different aspects of building information design and construction.

It will be a 50 hours long course, with 80 percent marks allocated for theory and the rest 20 percent is dedicated to practicals. Students will also have an opportunity to opt for this course as a minor degree in the future.

Trained Institutional Faculty Will Teach Students

The Institutional Faculty will be trained efficiently by the IPA under the AICTE's Faculty Development Programmes on how to teach the course to the students. The training will help to gain intensive knowledge of proper plumbing techniques.

Keep reading SURFACES REPORTER for more such news.

Join us in SOCIAL MEDIA to stay updated


Further, Subscribe to our magazine Sign Up for the FREE Surfaces Reporter Magazine Newsletter

Also, check out Surfaces Reporter’s encouraging, exciting and educational WEBINARS here.

You may also like to read about:

What the Real Estate Sentiment Score increase means for Building & Construction industry India?

Home-buyers are exhibiting strong appetite for better housing - Shishir Baijal, MD, Knight Frank India

The Real Estate Sentiment Index Report Q1 2022

And more…


Post Your Comment

"Content that powers your Business. News that keeps you informed."

Surfaces Reporter is one of India's leading media in Print & Digital Telecast for News on Interiors & Architecture Projects, Products, Building Materials, and the Business of Design! Since 2011, it serves as a referral for designers & architects to know about inspiring projects and source new products. If you have a Product or Project worth publishing in Surfaces Reporter, please email us or you can also submit your project online.

Like Surfaces Reporter on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter and Instagram | Subscribe to our magazine | Sign Up for the FREE Surfaces Reporter Magazine Newsletter

This is alt