Surfaces Reporter, incepted in 2011, is India’s 1st and only design e-zine and print magazine dedicated to materials and products for Interiors and Architecture. The monthly material-centric publication is finely focussed and dedicated to ideas and products that constitute the realm of building and designing the interiors.
The global benchmarks in the Material Research and Innovation are fairly high compared to India and there’s evidently a big vacuum to fill in. And that’s precisely where, Surfaces Reporter catalytically contributes and has noticeably positioned itself as the most relevant, informative, elaborate, and highly researched journal in the products and materials of interior designing and architecture.
Some of the assets and milestones acquired during the immensely satiating journey, look like as follows:
- Being an undisputed monthly national journal in the materials and products for Interiors and Architecture. Being the voice integrating the product and design industry into powerful content - month on month, year on year, successfully and consistently for last seven years makes us feel immensely proud and content.
- Successfully conceptualising and executing one-of-a-kind national event, WADe Asia twice, with national and international designers and architects.
- Other than the print and e-zine, distributed across India, setting up of an exclusive digital wing www.surfacesreporter.com which doesn’t parrot the print but delivers unique content and important industry updates regularly, extending the experience of binded form.
- Monthly 42,000 print copies –1,00,000 e-zines – 4,50,000 readership – available at stands across 30 Indian cities and growing – 1st magazine in this domain, available at Amazon India.
- Connecting people inspire us and have given networking opportunities to lakhs of professionals in the fraternity – 150+ events and exhibitions in less than 8 years.
- The audacious vision, unshakeable commitment, and a strong spine throughout these years have led the Surfaces Reporter to emerge as the – India’s 1st and finest material and product magazine for Architects, Interior Designers, Project Consultants, Specifiers, B2C Design connoisseurs, Brands, Showrooms, and B2B network.
A wide array of audiences rely on and refer to Surfaces Reporter for the latest industry updates, wisdom from the who’s who of the industry, product and store launches, and all that, which happens in and around Interiors and Architecture throughout the year.
The e-zine and the magazine has a niche readership and reliably secures its spot on the desks and inboxes of design enthusiasts, architects, real estate builders and developers, MEP consultants, project management companies, plumbing and bathroom fittings manufacturers,interior decorators and designers of doors, flooring, kitchen, wallpaper, surfacing, concrete and cement, coatings and polishes, paints, uPVC and aluminium windows, decorative wood veneers, designer furniture and panels, luxury accessories, retail interior design stores and showrooms etc. amongst many others.
A consistent presence in Surface Reporter ensures that your brand always stays on top of the recall, before the relevant eyeballs – the decision-makers and the ones who recommend brands to builders, architects, and designers.
We love and live for the unique value we offer to the industry and the relevant engagements we create, which vividly reflects in the reader testimonials, keeping us ignited, inspired and push us towards our extremes fearlessly.
We will continue our quest to serve this niche domain with all our might and will untiringly strive to retain our leadership in being the 1st, the best and the most informative in the materials and products for Interiors, Architecture and the Built domain.
1. What is the Target Group of Surfaces Reporter? What should you expect by associating with Surfaces Reporter?
Surfaces Reporter is widely read by Architects, Designers, Specifiers, Consultants, Showrooms, Builders, Developers, MEP consultants, Manufacturers, Project Management companies, Distributors, Importer, Exporters, Consultants for Lights, Plumbing & Bathroom fittings, HVAC, Facade, Interior decorators & designers of Doors, Flooring, Kitchen, Wallpaper, Surfacing, Concrete, Designer furniture & panels, Luxury accessories, etc.
It also has a niche readership amongst Consumers looking for best products for renovation projects, especially the design enthusiasts, as well as Students, educational Institutions looking to learn about new materials, application, and Retail interior design stores & Showrooms, for inspiring new launches and products.
For Brands and semi-brands, Surfaces Reporter is a good platform for the continuation of branding and increasing your brand visibility among the aforesaid TG. It is a fit magazine for generating recall value among the decision-makers. Surfaces Reporter is not a trade magazine for expecting direct retail counters to get back to you for rates, though this cannot be ruled out either. Your presence in Surfaces Reporter means your advertisement is being noticed by people who specify brands for buildings & interiors. It is read and followed by consultants, architecture firms, project managers, product procurement officers, interior decorators, designers, and design enthusiasts, corporate, hospitality managers who are searching to buy & source latest quality products.
For new brands, continued regular presence in Surfaces Reporter means your name and products would be taken as a brand that should be noted for requirements, can rely & depend since Surfaces Reporter is regarded as a magazine that carries Quality at premium level. It lends credibility to the new brand since not every new brand can benefit from continued presence without sound planning, product & foundation. It shows the seriousness of the brand.
It will not be wrong to say that Surfaces Reporter is one of India’s most dynamic young magazines with a highly dedicated and content-focused young team. It is among the best performing ‘Made in India’ magazines in Interior & Architecture arena.
2. What is the distribution & reach of Surfaces Reporter?
Download Surfaces Reporter Media Kit for circulation, distribution and reach of Surfaces Reporter. For Space Booking, contact booking manager at Advertise.
3. What is Surfaces Reporter's Annual Showcase Collector's Edition? How is it helpful for brands?
Surfaces Reporter's Collector's Annual Collector’s Edition is a reference book with over 250+ pages in 15 different categories and about 500 product images/ info. The same issue also serves as an Idea book.
Annual Collectors’ Edition of Surfaces Reporter is special because of greater visibility of your Brand among specifiers and decision-makers. Being the only Magazine/ Book that serves with 500 products info & images in India every year, architects, designers and interior enthusiasts love it. Readers have called Collectors’ Edition “unmatchable & unmissable.”
For Space Booking, contact booking manager at Advertise. To read readers reviews about Surfaces Reporter’s Annual Showcase issue, read reviews.
4. Are there other special issues by Surfaces Reporter and when are they published?
Altogether, Surfaces Reporter has 3 exclusive Special issues with a huge collection of Products, with where to buy, Designs with who has designed!
- Surfaces SHOWCASE Collectors’ Edition Vol. I, II, III - Coverage of almost 1500+ products, materials & designs in more than 900 pages so far. Usually published in the last quarter of Calendar year.
- 100 Designs from Milan- Editor’s choice, most of them fondly photographed by her and exclusively covered by Surfaces Reporter. 3rd edition was published in 2017. Published in May-June
- Tiles, Bath & Kitchen Special Edition Vol. I, II, III- Industry specific coverage from around India and around the globe. Usually in Aug-Sept though month of publishing may change as per market dynamics.
Special issues on Solid Surfaces, HPL, Decorative Veneer, Surfaces & Panels, Façade, HVAC, Stones, and many more are a part of our regular work.
5. What differentiates Surfaces Reporter from others?
Passion for what they are doing separates Surfaces Reporter from the rest. Within 8 years of operation since 2011, Surfaces Reporter magazine was instrumental in transcending several boundaries. Some of the milestones achieved are as mentioned below.
- SURFACES REPORTER – The journey to be a ‘MONTHLY’ NATIONAL MAGAZINE
It is one of the biggest challenges for any magazine to turn the clock to 30 days cycle. And maintaining it… is uffff… not easy. We did that in our 4th year. The fact that Surfaces Reporter is coming within Dot Date and spreading all over beautifully shows not only our commitment but also Market acceptance for Surfaces Reporter indicating Demand and Love for content. We are proud to declare that Surfaces Reporter is the 1st magazine from Indian real estate & architecture industry to be available in Amazon that can be availed with a few clicks at your doorstep. It is also available in stands located at thirty towns and cities across India.
- PLACING of a SUCCESSFUL NATIONAL LEVEL EVENT
Companies understand what it takes to Conceptualize & Realize a National level event. For a four-year-old like Surfaces Reporter, it was definitely a mammoth task. The magnanimous response for WADe (www.wadeindia.com) answers how the industry has accepted and acknowledged the efforts. Surfaces Reporter is the Platform where the event stood up and our readers & associated consider it a definite milestone.
- READERSHIP GROWTH FROM 25,000 TO 4,50,000 WORLDWIDE
Started with a modest 19000 number of print copies wondering how the industry will respond to what we believed as ‘filling a certain gap in the market’. Surfaces Reporter stands today as one among the most noticed, most turned, read & acknowledged magazines in the genre, with a readership base of 4,50,000 plus, with around 42000 print copies + 1,00,000+ e-copies (and growing).
- CONNECTED LACS OF PEOPLE, 200+ EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS IN LESS THAN 5 YEARS
People wonder in amazement when they see the presence of Surfaces Reporter almost in all major events and exhibitions related to our industry worldwide. This is our way to ensure Content is reaching far & wide, and vice versa. We just do our job as per the guidelines stated in the vision for Surfaces Reporter. Figures do not amaze us much. Connecting people do.
- THE PROMISE OF DELIVERING UNALTERED USP
Every product comes with a promise but not every product stands with a strong spine to deliver the same. Surfaces Reporter talks about materials and celebrates the works & achievements of people connected with ideas & usage of the same. An enormous amount of work has gone into the making of ‘India’s 1st & finest Material & Product centric magazine for Architects, Interior Designers & consultants’.
The 5 years of Surfaces Reporter has been quite eventful and memorable. Thank you, dear readers, for trusting our vision and commitment!
6. What is in the name, Surfaces Reporter magazine? What is Surfaces Reporter about?
Not limited by the term "SURFACES", this architecture & interior design magazine of India best covers an entire array of products, materials & designs in Architecture, Interiors and Built projects.
Right from latest innovative Floors, Walls, Sanitaryware, Cabinets, Ceiling, Countertops, Ceramic Tiles, Stones, Designer Panels, Plumbing solutions, to news & stories on Lighting, Concrete & cement, Bath ware, Wood composites & Fibre based products, Coatings & polishes, Paints, Faucets & Pipes, uPVC & aluminium Windows, Frames, Hardware, Appliances, Furniture, beautiful decorative Wood Veneers, Laminates, amongst many other related categories.
In response to the question on what Surfaces Reporter is about, our founder has once poetically replied with a smile, "Let me take you to a virtual tour in Space. From there, when we look at earth, it is a Surface. As we travel towards earth, the buildings, seas, skyline, everything is a Surface. As we come back to this building, the facade is a Surface, the interiors, walls, kitchen, furniture, all are Surfaces. Thus Surfaces Reporter was coined as a magazine that is about everything that goes into designing Interiors & making Buildings."
For anything that we may not have covered in the above details, write to us at email@example.com