COVER STORY: WFH:Ar Ateet Vengurlekar,Principal Architect, Bluearch Architects and Interiors, Mumbai
06 Apr 2020 |
| SURFACES REPORTER
2 Min Read
Technology is what enables remote work in the first place.
We made sure that we have the right hardware and software. Lots of remote workers are leaning heavily on Slack, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Zoom or GoToMeeting.
Iron out what your team is planning to use ASAP. Of course, you’ll want to make sure all your technology actually works from home. Do you need a secure line? Are those applications accessible from your home Wi-Fi? Do you need a security key to log in? These are all questions to ask your supervisor or IT department and that’s what we did.
Tips for success with WFH
- Talk to your junior architects or junior interior designer team what the priorities are, and discuss how tasks will get done.
- Think how are teams going to track projects they’re working on? How will they meet to discuss this? Will you all be connecting on Slack or email? Will there be standing meetings at a certain time to get everyone coordinated?
- Be honest about what isn’t working or can’t be done in these circumstances. More overall communication is going to be necessary.
- If you’re distractible, get ready for work every morning like you are physically going to work. Dress up, do your hair — whatever you would normally do. This puts you in a professional mindset.
- It’s hard to draw a sharp distinction between home and office when you’re at home. But to the extent possible, create a space at home that looks and feels like your office to you.
- To be able to see the person you’re talking to I think is important, Again, embrace video calling and webcams so you can see your teammates.
Read Full COVER STORY: WORKING FROM HOME: Tips, Tools & Best Practices for REMOTE WORKING
Like, Share &
About Surfaces Reporter
Surfaces Reporter is India’s 1st magazine specialized on “products & materials” for architecture & Interiors! The prime objective of Surfaces Reporter magazine is to contribute positively to the Indian material industry, with unbiased information & awareness initiatives.
Surfaces Reporter magazine has a clear & niche target group comprising of Architects, Engineers, Builders, Interior Designers, Manufacturers, Celebrities, Showrooms, Consultancy firms, and Leading Business houses, Hotels & Restaurants, and PMCs etc. If you have a Product or Project worth publishing in Surfaces Reporter, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also submit your project online.
Like Surfaces Reporter on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter and Instagram | Subscribe to our magazine | Sign Up for the FREE Surfaces Reporter Magazine Newsletter