COVER STORY: WORKING FROM HOME: Ar Dilbir Singh Bhui, Director, Cosmic Design, Lucknow
06 Apr 2020 |
| SURFACES REPORTER
2 Min Read
The current health crisis has not given time to frame up something tangible for the process of work from home and we have not implemented this in our medium sized office. However, this situation gives us an opportunity to think over and convert our hardware and software in a manner that all sections of architectural business can be taken care of by working from home.
I suggest the strategy of ‘Progressive Change Over’ to work from home (PC to WFH). The following can be steps of progression:
1. Update the communication system for telecon, video calls and video conferencing.
2. Update the system for transferring and uploading heavy files.
3. Develop immaculate record system for recording drawing work of a project. This is important as hard copies may not be desirable to avoid duplicacy.
4. Develop software which enables sharing of vast library of drawings without pilferage or misuse of the facility.
5. Invest in e-versions of books and magazines.
6. Stepwise involve consultants of other disciplines into the circuit by starting uploading the drawings and teleconferencing.
7. Shift the core office to one of the homes for printing and other facilities.
The big challenge will be for architects who are accustomed to face-to-face discussions during the time when the design is in the stage of evolution.
I personally feel that this opportunity shall be used to transform the shape and working of an architectural business practice.
The time saved can be used to hone the skills and chalk out ways to future destinations like Le Corbusier did in the days of World War II.
Like, Share &
About Surfaces Reporter
Surfaces Reporter is India’s 1st magazine specialized on “products & materials” for architecture & Interiors! The prime objective of Surfaces Reporter magazine is to contribute positively to the Indian material industry, with unbiased information & awareness initiatives.
Surfaces Reporter magazine has a clear & niche target group comprising of Architects, Engineers, Builders, Interior Designers, Manufacturers, Celebrities, Showrooms, Consultancy firms, and Leading Business houses, Hotels & Restaurants, and PMCs etc. If you have a Product or Project worth publishing in Surfaces Reporter, please email us email@example.com or you can also submit your project online.
Like Surfaces Reporter on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter and Instagram | Subscribe to our magazine | Sign Up for the FREE Surfaces Reporter Magazine Newsletter