The beauty of a door is incomplete if there are issues with frames and joints. No matter how articulately the door has been designed, it is the functioning that makes door solution perfect. Austrian woodworking expert & CEO of Coast to Coast designs, Mr. Heinz Moritzhuber has been instrumental in designing and perfecting doors by the company which is counted among the biggest wood resellers of the country. SURFACES REPORTER invited him to share some advantages of using engineered door frames.
A regular practice has been to fix the frame while the construction process is still going on. Fixing the Frame at this stage before plastering may not be such as good idea. This can result in the wood picking up moisture since there is a lot of wetness in the building. Even the best seasoned timber is no exception.
Moisture causes regular shrinkage and swelling of the frame which causes recurring maintenance problems. Firstly, you will not get the desired finish. Secondly, the frame will require continuous reworking like sanding the bottom area, making it plain to match the doors, refinishing etc. It spoils the quality and your peace of mind.
At many sites where the system is not up to the mark, the joint between wall and frame break which requires reframing, leading to issue of swelling and shrinking which needs re-sanding and finishing each year.
1. Engineered door frames are a perfect solution. These frames are fixed like a piece of furniture in the end of the construction process and can save you from a lot of troubles.
2. Engineered frames have no movement between the doors since the measurement is perfect and taken beforehand.
3. The finish that you receive in a factory cannot be replicated at site.
4. Engineered frames can save cash flow since they are installed after the construction process so the builder who is developing 60,000 flats at one time doesn’t have to get his money blocked for the entire duration. The end product is also satisfactory in terms of quality and design.
5. Another quality of Engineered door frames is that they can be changed anytime depending upon your choice and requirements which give you complete design flexibility with almost no trouble of maintenance at all.
(Coast to Coast designs offer more than 130 varieties of ready-made doors in different colours, sizes, varieties and is counted among the biggest resellers of the country. Also, known for engineered frames, the brand has an ultra modern factory near New Delhi to manufacture doors and door frames. For any queries related to Doors, write to SURFACES REPORTER’s Door expert at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Get Weekly Newsletter
Surfaces Reporter is India’s 1st magazine specialized on “products & materials” for architecture & Interiors! The prime objective of Surfaces Reporter magazine is to contribute positively to the Indian material industry, with unbiased information & awareness initiatives.
Surfaces Reporter magazine has a clear & niche target group comprising of Architects, Engineers, Builders, Interior Designers, Manufacturers, Celebrities, Showrooms, Consultancy firms, and Leading Business houses, Hotels & Restaurants, and PMCs etc. If you have a Product or Project worth publishing in Surfaces Reporter, please email us email@example.com or you can also submit your project online.
Like Surfaces Reporter on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter and Instagram | Subscribe to our magazine | Sign Up for the FREE Surfaces Reporter Magazine Newsletter
Don't miss the Weekly Newsletters:
Copyright © 2019 Surfaces Reporter Magazine. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Developed by eyeQ Advertising