Jimmy Mistry, Chairman & MD, Della Group
“I was given a free hand to deliver a distinctly elegant opulence, styled to every single inch of it with my own designs as well as the best from the other leading thinkers of the design industry. The entire home, every single room, is remarkable also for the sheer technological prowess installed in it which is at par with the best homes in the world,”
The rage of IoT and automated homes is such, that it is even not sparing country’s celebrity designers and celebrities to fall in its awe. Jimmy Mistry, the Chairman of Della Group, one in the forefront of Mumbai’s design scene, has recently collaborated with Rustomjee Elements, an uber luxury project by Rustomjee, Juhu, to design a tech-savvy flat using his uninhibited design flair. It is known that Rustomjee Elements is the home of choice for some of the who’s who of Mumbai’s celebrity and social circuit and Mistry kept that as a reference point when it came to designing the interiors of this plush apartment. Here are the some of its features in the words of Mr. Mistry himself...
The Rustomjee Elements show flat is 3 bedrooms, hall, dining, and kitchen and with a balcony. It has been designed for a modern family, who is looking at a combination of classy mixed with new age luxury living and technology. The basic décor theme and design is international with installation of user friendly technology interface.
We have made the technology and digitization easily accessible to the occupants. Hence every element is voice activated which includes lighting, audio-video, CCTV security system, curtain-automation, air conditioning, etc. This all is incorporated into a practical user-friendly platform. The key features at the flat are:
All the furniture is lit internally with advanced illumination system from Halemeier Germany.
- Smart mirrors and technology installed in kitchen and bathrooms that enables user to access multiple platforms using the internet.
- Bluetooth paired weighing scale connected with the smart mirrors with data storage for analysis.
- Acoustically insulated material is used sufficiently in every room to keep the noise levels in check throughout the house as well as for the privacy of the occupant in every bedroom.
- Bespoke his and her wardrobes that are designed with predefined and designated spaces for not just clothes but all forms of luxury and lifestyle items like watches, pens, cufflinks etc. so they are easily accessible.
- The new range of lighting system like chandeliers, lights and lamps are all manufactured by Della by Jimmy Mistry. They are not just aesthetically appealing but also at the cutting edge of the technology. They are controlled by drivers that are specifically designed to optimize the illumination.
- Special attention has been given to maximizing and utilization of storage spaces considering the space constraints in the city. Every bed has built-in storage with automated access.
- Mood synced shower cubicles.
Use of multi-layered lighting to set the moods.
All 4 kinds of lighting that include direct, indirect lighting, pendant lighting and up-lighting is incorporated to elevate occupants moods in each area.
Private home theater with a projector connection and Apple TV
Skin moisture analyzing device in the bathrooms
Ergonomic plays a very important role throughout the flat.
This apartment aims to achieve not just a living space but a perfect blend of design, aesthetics, styling, technology and comfort for its residents. It is designed as a modern wholesome practical home soaked in luxury that can be easily upgraded over time.